Supporting our local community
4 min read
As we stay at home and do our bit to help stop the spread of Covid-19, thankfully, many local businesses are now providing home deliveries and other helpful services:
- How often do we say we are going to start healthy eating? Well now is the time! AMPX are preparing healthy meals for home delivery so we can watch the calories and stay at home.
- Just Good Grub have a wide range of product packs available to help us shop in bulk and shop a little more infrequently. From guilt free options to heartier dishes this is a great affordable option as the purse strings tighten. Simply use their ‘ring and collect’ service so you can pay over the phone and pull up to their store where your order is popped into the boot.
- If you consider yourself to be a bit of a homechef, you can support your local greengrocer and butcher by using the many home delivery services being promoted on Facebook right now. Everything from fresh fruit and vegetables available from the likes of Hale Fruit and Veg in Newcastle who are FREE deliveries within a two mile radius on orders, as well as McGreevy’s Butchers Downpatrick and Turnavall On Farm Butchery and Farm Shop just outside Newry who are now taking orders for Easter.
If you’re a regular gym goer you may be struggling to do a home workout that gives you the same buzz and high gains. But many gyms are now bringing online gym classes straight to your home.
- For Pure Gym members, you can benefit from a live timetable of classes including Home Workouts, Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Session, Legs, Bums & Tums classes and stretching sessions on Instagram and Facebook. Personal Training clients can also stay on track with regular check ins by the Facebook Community Group, Online Programming, Nutritional Guidance and Mindfulness Techniques.
- Est28 CrossFit central are usually based in Bessbrook but they are now renting a large range of gym equipment to existing or new members so you can continue to work out at home and maintainfitness.
- McNally Fitness which is relatively new to the local gym scene has quickly transferred their timetable online with 5 weeknight classes, and 2 live streaming sessions a week.
Now is a greater time than ever to take care of your mental health and wellbeing and get away from all the media and headlines bombarding Facebook and other social channels.
- RITE Fitness is a private fitness training facility based in Newry who are have a special onine offer available to everyone covering fitness, nutrition, physiotherapy, yoga, pilates, meditation, sleep health etc. You can benefit by using the discount code: SPECIAL and avail of all services for £29.99 for the year!
- Kali Yoga Newry is helping us unwind, maintain mental wellbeing and keep active with online their yoga classes. You can enjoy two classes a week plus if you have any friends or family who are pregnant, Kali Yoga is also offering pregnancy yoga classes online free of charge.
Caring for our grandparents, eldering neighbours, vulnerable
- Many supermarkets are now adapting to delivery services for the elderly and vulnerable. Milestone Rathfriland, Wards Rockmount,and Smyths Centra Newcastle have this service available, so should you know of any grandparents, older relatives or neighbours give them a call and let them know about the services available in the local area.
- Just Good Grub have set up free home delivery for the elderly and self-isolators, delivering home readymade cooked dinners fresh and full of nutritional goodness.
- CY Kearney Motors Downpatrick have offered their time to help with deliveries to any locals. They are currently closed for business and with the extra time on their side they have offered helping hands to others in need. So, if you know someone needing regular prescriptions, some food essentials or healthcare items the team at CY Kearney Motors may be able to help.
Supporting our heroes on the front line
- Milligan Tyres Castlewellan and JMC Tyres Newry are doing their bit for frontline staff. Although they are officially closed for business, they recognise our local heroes who are doing amazing work may need their help and have opened an on-call service lines for frontline staff only.
During these tough times we are all encouraged to avail of home deliveries and online services which in turn helps to support our local businesses, our local community whilst doing our bit to stop the spread. It has never been more important to #StaySafeStayLocal
Thanks for your feedback!