You probably shop around to get the best deal. Fair enough, so do we. In fact, as an insurance broker that is what we do! Our expert team searches the market every day for thousands of customers. Don't waste your time entering the same information over and over again comparing your options when our team can do all of that for you.
We negotiate on your behalf with our large panel of insurers from right across the UK and Europe. It's our job to find you our best possible price and cover that meets your needs, giving you complete peace of mind so you can tick insurance off your list and get on with the important things.
Every car owner is different so we can help customise your policy to meet your specific needs:
This type of car insurance covers damage to your vehicle and any injury or damage caused to third party vehicles in the event of an accident.
This car insurance policy covers your vehicle for loss or damage due to fire or theft, as well as any injury or damages to third parties.
This car insurance policy provides cover for third party injury or damage to their vehicles.
Motor Legal Protection £18
Legal protection is something that most people only think about once they’ve had an accident and the cost of legal fees to recover your losses can run into thousands of pounds if you’re unprotected.
• Up to £100,000 legal cover for the recovery of uninsured losses such as recovery of your policy excess and pursuing compensation for any injury sustained.
• £25,000 cover for defence of motoring prosecutions.
• 24/7 legal helpline for advice on any legal matter, not just in relation to an accident.
• Payment of hire charges incurred by the insured person resulting from an incident involving an insured vehicle, provided criteria are met.
*Exclusions and Terms and Conditions apply.
Many car insurance policies already cover an element of Keycare such as replacing keys broken in your lock but what about when you lose your keys?
This enhanced level of Keycare means you can avoid the stress and frustration of replacing lost keys and all the hassle that goes with it.
Key Features and Benefits:
• Up to £1,500 annual cover for lost and stolen keys, replacement locks and any call out charges.
• Cover for locksmith charges if keys are locked in your car or home with a cover limit of £1,500.
• Should a key break in a lock, Keycare will pay up to £100 towards locksmiths’ costs.
• Keycare will pay up to £100 for onward transport costs to get you to your home or chosen destination in the event the loss or theft of your keys.
• If your vehicle is left unusable due to the loss or theft of keys, Keycare will pay up to £50 a day for three days vehicle hire.
• Emergency helpline 24 hour, 365 days a year.
• No excess to pay.
• Your No Claims Discount will NOT be affected.
• Keycare will pay the finder of keys a £10 reward.
• We have access to a nationwide network of locksmiths.
• Covers ALL the keys attached to the special fob (for example, car keys, house keys, office or caravan).
• No limit on the number of claims you can make.
*Exclusions and Terms and Conditions apply.
Breakdown Assistance £30
This comes in handy if your vehicle breaks down or suffers a puncture. This cover will mean that our Breakdown partner can carry out repairs on the spot.
What is included?
• Roadside assistance for mechanical failure, puncture & lost or stolen keys.
• 24 hours a day, 365 days a year emergency helpline.
• Up to one hours labour at the roadside if the vehicle can be repaired in situ.
• If your car can’t be repaired at the roadside, you’ll be towed to the nearest garage*.
• Use of a replacement car for up to 48 hours while repairs are carried out.
• Use of a replacement car for up to 5 days if your car is stolen.
• Overnight accommodation for one night*.
• Our car breakdown cover covers your car in Northern Ireland, mainland UK and Republic of Ireland.
• Your No Claims Bonus will NOT be affected if you make a claim on your Breakdown Assistance policy.
*Mileage restrictions and T&C's apply.
An excess is a great way of reducing the cost of your insurance premium, however, claims often happen at the most inappropriate times when we don’t always have the funds in our account to cover the excess.
An Excess Insurance policy will reimburse the excess you may have paid provided the claim is more than the total policy excess at the time of the incident and is reported within a 31 day period to the insurer.This is a really clever addition to your insurance and we’re one of the few brokers who offer it in Northern Ireland.
For example, say you have an excess of £500 on your policy – if you have an accident and it costs more than this to fix, then you can claim back that £500, so you aren’t out of pocket.
What is included?*
• Only one claim can be made per policy, another policy can be purchased at any time.
• Amount of claim under the Excess Insurance policy must not exceed the value of the total excess of the main policy.
• Claims must be reported within 14 days of the settlement of the claim to which the policy relates.
• Windscreen excesses are excluded for all motor policies.
*Exclusions and Terms and Conditions apply. It’s important to note that if the claim is your fault, you cannot reclaim your excess.
Courtesy Car £10
We will keep you moving with a replacement car in the event of an “at fault” accident, a fire or a theft in which the vehicle has not been recovered. For just £10, you can buy a Courtesy Car Policy which will get you back on the road and save you having to pay expensive car hire charges by providing you with a car for up to 14 days.
Your courtesy car will generally be available within 48 hours and it’s important to note that if you use your car outside Northern Ireland (for example, in the Republic of Ireland), consent needs to be granted by the hire company subject to cover being available under your car insurance policy. The car provided will be up to 1100cc and a manual gearshift.
What is not covered?*
• The 14-day courtesy car policy will not cover you if you are involved in an accident which is not your fault.
• If the driving licence held only permits you to drive an automatic car or if you require a car with any modifications.
• Any additional costs except those expressly authorised by Abbey Insurance Brokers Ltd.
• Cover under this policy will commence after the expiry of any cover provided under your private car insurance policy arranged through AbbeyAutoline insurance.
• In the case of theft, where no crime reference number has been supplied.
• The cost of fuel and/or liquids for the hire vehicle.
*Exclusions and Terms and Conditions apply.
Firstly, what is a ‘No Claims Discount’?
For every year you do not make a claim, you will get a discount on your renewal quote - as a type of reward. It indicates to insurers that you are a ‘safer’ driver than someone who has made a claim.
The BIBA (British Insurance Brokers' Association) state that after building up a no claims bonus for a number of years, drivers can receive a maximum discount of up to 65% off their yearly premium.
Why protect your “No Claims Bonus”
If you have an accident and the fault lies with you, then it’s likely you will lose some of your No Claims Discount points or all of them. This can be frustrating, especially if you have had your NCB for years. But by opting to buy No Claims Discount Protection you are essentially safeguarding your discount, for a small fee.
When you get in touch for a car insurance quote, it is useful to have a few things to hand to help you get through the quote process as quickly as possible such as:
Insurance providers provide customers with policies and premiums based on certain criteria such as postcode. If there are changes to some of this criteria, then it is really important to inform us right away as neglecting to inform your insurer could lead to problems if you need to make a claim and it could potentially invalidate your insurance altogether.
This is called a Mid-Term Adjustment and whilst some changes may have no effect, others may affect your premium. It is important to tell us asap when you:
Sometimes it will mean that you need to be moved to another insurance provider but as your broker, we can assess the market and find a suitable alternative rather than being locked into a policy unfit for your needs.
Yes, the car you choose to drive will have an impact on your insurance premium. There is a number of factors that insurers will take into account including:
Whether you’re a new customer or you are renewing your car insurance with us again this year, our expert team personally search our vast insurance panel to find you the best deal that meets your individual needs whist guiding you through the insurance process.
You don’t need to be an insurance expert, we will always keep you right when it comes to the details of your policy, explaining all the insurance jargon and additional benefits to boost your cover giving you the added level of protection that you need.
If the worst happens and you need to make a claim, you are in safe hands as our dedicated claims team is based right here in Northern Ireland. We know it can be a pretty scary time and sometimes complex too, but we will be at your side to help guide you every step of the way.