Car insurance

Searching for the right car insurance can be complicated. So we’re here to make your life easier. Whatever your car’s shape or size, our team of experts are here to help you drive with confidence under the right cover.


Home insurance

Finding the right insurance to protect your property and all its belongings is often a difficult process. That’s why we’re here to find you a policy tailored to your home, giving you extra assurance in your insurance. Whether you’re a homeowner, landlord, or building a property, we can help you with the right insurance to keep your house a home.


Van insurance

On the lookout for the right van insurance? Our expert team will find the right insurance to have you covered. Whether you’re a sole trader or have a fleet of vans, we work with a range of insurers to provide you with the right cover to keep you and your van on the road.


Business insurance

Searching for a business insurance deal? From home offices to large enterprises, we understand that every business is different. That’s why our expert team works hard to find the right policies and protection for your specific business needs.


Farm insurance

We understand the constant demands of farming, so we’re here to make one thing much easier. No matter the size, we work with you on a personal level to protect your livelihood and help find the most competitive cover that your farm needs.


Travel insurance

We’re here to help your holiday go right. Offering insurance for a range of holidays, from multi-trips, a one-off holiday to a winter sport get-away, we’ll cover the least exciting part of your travels.

Other insurance

Searching for the right car insurance can be complicated. So we’re here to make your life easier. Whatever your car’s shape or size, our team of experts are here to help you drive with confidence under the right cover.

Taxi Insurance Hero

Do I need taxi insurance for a part-time job?

Do I need taxi insurance for a part-time job?

If you work as a taxi driver in some capacity, you’ll need to be protected under policies beyond regular car insurance. Whether you drive privately, for a taxi depot or are self-employed through a company such as Uber, your livelihood needs specific protection to cover both you and your passengers. 

Sorting out taxi insurance can be a complicated process. The role needs a specialist policy to meet the requirements of the many ways which one can be a taxi driver (Uber, a fleet of taxis, part-time or full-time). 

This blog will cover common questions surrounding taxi insurance so that you, your taxi and your customers can be covered by the right protection during your journeys.


How do I know what taxi insurance is right for me?

Not all taxis are the same, which means taxi insurance policies tend to differ. As mentioned above, if you drive any sort of vehicle to transport people commercially, taxi insurance is a requirement by law. But what type of insurance is right for your vehicle specifically? 

We want to cater to the specific needs of you, your vehicle and your profession, so at AbbeyAutoline, we provide a range of different taxi insurance options. 

We offer special rates for first-time Public Service Vehicle (PSV) drivers who have no previous driving experience. If you run a taxi business with three or more vehicles, you may be suited to mini fleet taxi insurance, which includes the convenience of the one insurance policy for your entire fleet. 

It’s also likely that you’ll need specific insurance if you drive larger vehicles such as a minibus, in which case we offer competitive rates. 


Do I need taxi insurance if I drive for a company like Uber?

Uber doesn’t recognise itself as a private taxi service. Instead, it acts as a ride-hailing network that connects people who need a lift to nearby drivers. However, the law still views Uber drivers as taxi drivers. This means that taxi insurance is a legal requirement for Uber drivers, even if you’re only working on a part-time basis. 

At AbbeyAutoline, you can choose your taxi insurance cover from these three choices:


Do I need taxi insurance if I’m a delivery driver?

As delivery drivers don’t carry passengers, it isn’t necessary to be protected by taxi insurance. If you’re working as a delivery driver, you will be required to notify your personal car insurance provider or add another level to your insurance policy. The level which you need to add will depend on how frequently you deliver.

Many of our taxi policies also cover the carriage of goods for hire or rewards, such as deliveries, which is useful for drivers who are doing food deliveries as well as taxing.   

Regardless of how often you work as a taxi driver or the size of the vehicle that you drive, AbbeyAutoline is committed to finding the right deal that suits your needs. Get in touch with the experts today on 08000 66 55 44 or arrange a call back


Was this article helpful?

Thanks for your feedback!

Related articles

Need to speak with us? 08000 66 55 44