3 min read
If you’re fortunate to be an owner of a classic car, then you will know that that it requires extra TLC as it's a little older and technology-free unlikes like its younger friends.
To get the most out of your car and ensure that it will not end up as some old rust bucket resting in the garage, here’s a few steps to care for the car:
1. Give your car a good detailing by washing its body, outside and underneath ensuring that all grime, salt, mud and other dirt is removed, once satisfied, then give the car a good wax.
2. Keep the vehicle away from extreme weather temperatures, not being exposed in hot and cold conditions will protect the car.
3. Store the car in your garage, keeping it well away from dirt, dust and most importantly direct sunlight so that it doesn’t dull the cars paintwork.
4. If you decide to store the car for a long period of time, it is recommended to drain the car of fluids and remove the battery.
5. It is advisable that when the car is not in action, protect it with soft cotton cloth and if you don’t use it for a long time, keep the window down to allow proper air circulation.
6. Classic cars require special care and attention and classic car engine parts are hard to find.
7. At least, once a month take your car out for a spin to keep it in good driving condition and this will help prevent any faults or corrosion. If you are unable to take the car out for a run, start the car more often.
Whatever your driving needs, make sure you are covered with Classic Car Insurance from AbbeyAutoline. Contact us to discuss the best insurance available, our team are available at 08000 66 55 44 or request a callback.
Thanks for your feedback!